Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dreaming of Paris






Bonjour!  By the time spring rolls around here in Michigan, my thoughts turn to my very favorite place in the world, Paris!  I love the Parisian lifestyle:  shopping for fresh ingredients for your meals each day at the neighborhood markets, enjoying the most delicious  croissants for breakfast (or petit dejeuner as they call it), strolling along the river Seine, stopping for a glass of wine at a little outdoor cafe, watching an expert crepe maker prepare the most magnifique crepe filled with nutella (creperies seem to be on every street corner).  Wow!  It seems as if I have food on the brain when I think of Paris!  I thought I would share a few photos from our trip last year, and the year before, both in May.  We are so fortunate to be able to travel for really cheap, or sometimes free, as hubby has worked in the airline industry for years.  Anyway, hope you enjoy the tour!

Please forgive me in the placement of some of my photos!  I am still trying to learn the ins & outs of blogging!  I would love to be able to figure out how to add captions below the photos.  Any help would be appreciated!

The first pictures are when we visited Claude Monet's Giverny. It's only about 1/2 hour train ride from Paris.  It is beyond gorgeous! The huge chateau is Chateau Fontainbleu, that we toured last year.  It is just incredible, and hard to believe people actually lived so lavishly!  It's about 1 hour from Paris by train.  Oh, that's another great thing about Paris, you don't need a car to get around.  Actually, you wouldn't want to, because they drive like maniacs!  It is so fun to walk everywhere (so I can afford to eat sorbet every day!), or take the metro or train.

Check out the two pictures of the cute bunnies in the shop window.  They are made entirely of chocolate!  And I just had to snap a picture of the menu on the chalkboard (I love chalkboards) outside of a cute little bistro.  Tres chic!

Can't wait to return to our favorite city!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
I am linking up with Le Chateau des fleurs

5 comments:

Karen said...

Nice pictures! What memories you must have.

Mary said...

How fortunate you are to be able to travel to places for so reasonably. We lived outside of London for awhile and never got to Paris. Isn't that a shame? But...we did shop like that in England as well.

I am not sure how you are uploading your pictures on blogger, but I simply add my photo, hit enter which takes you to the next space down and then type what I want. It centers the wording and all. Hope that helps.

Unknown said...

OMGoodness!!! Hope people are writing places down. I am so going to Giverny! I can't remember even going there!
SO dreamy and lovely post! Thank you for linking to French obsession. Following you back :)
You look so good in front of the Eiffel tower!!
XOXO
frenchy

Victoria said...

Those are beautiful photo's of Paris and how lucky you are that hubby works in the airline industry!!!

Herbgirl said...

I, too, love Paris and got to visit for the first time last summer. Even though Giverny was on our self-made itinerary, we could not get on the right train.....so frustrating! That makes me NEED to go back though as it is a dream to see Monet's garden and home.
Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy