Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fun French Themed Projects

 Hello ladies, hope that you are all having a great weekend!
Today I  thought I'd share with you a set of pretty French themed note cards that I made the other day.
 I love making cards, not only for my own use, but to give as gifts.  I've made many cards like this in the past, that you may have seen if you've been with me for awhile.  This particular set is my very favorite, as I started with copies from a print that I purchased in Paris a few years ago.
 Anyway, I covered premade blank cards with vintage sheet music, some of which was actually in French!  Then I added the sweet images, which are advertisements for French soap.  Aren't they just the cutest?
 It's hard to tell in these photos, but I've also added a generous dusting of glitter to the cards (of course!), then finished them off with pretty crinkly taupe seam binding.
 I always include a small gift with my Etsy orders.  For larger orders, I like to give a little something more as a thank you, so I gave these cards to one of my customers this week as a special surprise.  I think she will like them!

 This is the original print that I began with.
 While I was working on this project, I thought of another one that a made about 1 1/2 years ago using this same print.  I did a post about it way back then, but thought I would share it with you again!
 I think this has got to be one of my all time favorite projects.  But, instead of keeping it myself like I wish that I had, I ended up selling it in my Etsy shop.  What was I thinking?
 Anyway, this is what it looked like when I bought it from a friend's garage sale.  I knew that it had lots of shabby potential!  you can read about the transformation here if you'd like.
 The cabinet held a surprise, too!  Open the door, and viola!  I lined her with vintage French book pages!
 Oh how I wish that I had kept her!  Do you ever do that?  Get rid of something that you really, really love, then regret it???  Well, that just means that I need to find another cabinet similar to this, so that I can create one all for myself!!
That's it for today!  Hope you have a great one!

16 comments:

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Gorgeous Donna!

Hugs,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Donna i am in love !!!!!!! such absolute gorgeousness, I love shabby chic and love beautiful creations and you are so talented
hugs June x

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Super cute, Donna. I missed that little cabinet. Thanks for sharing it again. I've let many things go that I still think of. Oh well, that's the nature of the business.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Yes Donna I do this all the time. There are so many things that I sell and wish I had kept. I love your pretty cards and maybe one day you will find another piece that you will love even more.

hugs
Sissie

Karen said...

Donna, these are all beautiful! I'd want to keep them all.

Great job!

Cindy Adkins said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, pure dreaminess, Donna!!! How totally beautiful!!!
XO
Cindy

NanaDiana said...

Nobody does those cards like you do, Donna. They are just gorgeous! I remember when you posted that piece the first time and it is still as beautiful to look at today as it was then. Now go glitter something! xo Diana

Tete said...

The cards are so pretty. I do love those labels. I'll bet you even glitter your toilet paper!
I loved that little cabinet, too. Wish I would have bought it. I would send it back to you...
Have a great night!

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Donna,
I love the cards you made they are beautiful!!! I do that all the time also get ride of something and wish I would have kept....sometimes I even wish I would have kept my ex (hahaha)
Enjoy your weekend!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your cards are so sweet, Donna...I just love the glitter! The card with the tub looks like glittery suds falling over the edge...so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so pretty. You sure are talented!

Myric said...

I love all of them especially those image with angel like babies and of course the glitz! So pretty!

I am doing better now :) Thanks for asking. I have a little back pain though from doing my big project. Yikes! ;)

xoxo
Myric

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the glittery bubbles coming up over the side of the bathtub. Simply fabulous.

Debbie said...

I remember that little cupboard. It was a wonderful piece!!
Your note cards are so pretty, Donna.
Of course you glittered them! I would be surprised if you hadn't.
xxoo

Leo said...

You know I love those cards! They are my favorite. XO

Unknown said...

You make everything BEAUTIFUL!!! XO, Aimee